Pages

Friday, July 15, 2016

The time with all the broken pieces

Today I set out to write about something else, something completely different, something I thought I'd never write about, but God had other plans (I guess He doesn't want me to write about that other topic, huh?).

Anyway, I've been having a couple of off days. Not sure if its because my kids have been sick since Monday, and by Wednesday night, I finally caught it, or if its just the fact that I haven't worked out the last couple of days (if you work out regularly, you know how addicting those endorphins can be). So, when I went in the kitchen to cook lunch and dropped one the the mixing bowls I use the most, a loud curse word came out of my mouth (not that I never ever curse, I'm not perfect, but I try really hard not to, especially with the kids around), and I couldn't help that immediate feeling of defeat, of loss, of frustration. 

Isn't it amazing how easy it is to go towards the negative at first instance? 

But God (you know I love these two words) despite my reaction, as I was picking up the broken pieces, gave me a song; without even thinking about it the words started coming out of my mouth: 
All these pieces
Broken and scattered
In mercy gathered
Mended and whole
Empty handed
But not forsaken
I've been set free
I've been set free
 Then that feeling of defeat and frustration turned into hope and joy. I thought about how those pieces of glass scattered all over my kitchen floor have no use to me anymore, and as I threw each piece in the trash, I saw myself in this broken mixing bowl, but unlike these worthless broken piece in my hand, in His hand our broken pieces are mended and made whole, and turned into something new. God can take our broken life, our broken relationships, our broken world, and turn it into something beautiful.  

His grace is amazing, His voice is sweet, He brings new mercy, He freely offers salvation.
We are broken, but He makes us whole.

I don't think I will ever fully understand His goodness, but I sure am grateful for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment